MISSOURI UNIVERSAL SERVICE FUND
Welcome to the website for the Missouri Universal Service Fund.
ARE YOU A CONSUMER INQUIRING ABOUT RECEIVING LOW INCOME OR DISABLED DISCOUNTS ON YOUR VOICE TELEPHONY BILL?
You may qualify for a discount on your monthly landline telephone bill if you are receiving low income or disability benefits under certain programs such as:
You may also qualify for Lifeline discounts if your annual income level meets 135% of the Federal Poverty Level.
|MO HealthNet (f/k/a Medicaid)||Veteran Administration Disability|
|Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (Food stamps)||State Blind Pension|
|Supplemental Security Income||State Aid to Blind Persons|
|Veterans and Survivors Pension Fund||State Supplemental Disability Assistance|
|Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)||Federal Social Security Disability|
To find out more about this assistance or to obtain an application form, please contact your voice telephony provider.
INFORMATION FOR TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANIES:
***************COMING SOON - PAYMENT FREQUENCY CHANGES FOR MOUSF ASSESSMENT PAYMENTS***************
In response to industry feedback regarding small payments into the fund due to the low assessment rate, the Missouri USF Board has recently voted to adopt an additional frequency to alleviate the small payment issue.
In response to industry feedback regarding small payments into the fund due to the low assessment rate, the Missouri USF Board will allow most companies to make less frequent payments after January 1, 2017. Companies may remain on their current payment schedule or option to submit payments on a less frequent basis. Payment frequency options will depend on a company’s most recent Annual Net Jurisdictional Revenue as shown below:
Switching to a less frequent payment schedule must begin at certain times.
· An annual payment schedule must begin January 1, 2017 with a payment deadline of January 22, 2018.
· A quarterly payment schedule must begin on either January 1, April 1, July 1 or October 1.
Emails will be going out in early October with further details on this new change.
Board approved Applications for Support can be obtained by clicking on the appropriate link below:
Missouri Application for Lifeline or Disabled 2018
Missouri Application for Lifeline Only 2018
Current Assessment Rate: 0.0010 (0.10%) effective 10/1/14 - Case No TO-2014-0333
Current Support Reimbursement Rate: maximum $6.50 for either low income or disabled
USING ONLINE SUBMISSION OF FORMS SAVES TIME AND REDUCES ERRORS. For those companies submitting their assessment forms online, the system will insert the correct rate based on the reporting period you enter on the online form. Forms entered for reporting periods prior to the month and quarter ending on 9/30/14 will calculate your amount due based on the 0.0017 (0.17%) rate; forms entered for reporting periods beginning with the month and quarter starting dates of 10/1/14 (and going forward) will calculate your amount due based on the new 0.0010 (0.10%) rate.
If you are not already registered to submit your forms online, please click here to be directed to the Online Form Submission section of the website. Once there, you will click on "Assessment Determination Remittance Form (ADRF)" or "Application for Support Eligibility (AFS)", then on the words "registration form" to register a username and password. Once your username and password registration is approved by the administrator, you will receive an email indicating your username and password is ready to use to submit your forms online. There will be a short delay between entering your registration and approval by the administrator. Please be advised that only one username and password can be registered for each telecommunications company. The following forms are available for online submission:
- Assessment Determination Remittance Form. Once the form has been submitted online, simply send in your payment via check or electronic funds transfer (ACH or Wire) and your payment will be matched to the electronically-submitted form. Please be mindful of payment due dates...if applicable, late fees/penalties will be assessed based on when your payment is received not when you electronically submitted the form.
- Application for Support Eligibility Form. This form applies to those certificated/registered telecommunications companies who have been approved by the Missouri Universal Service Board to receive support from the Fund for discounts provided to low income and disabled subscribers.
- Annual Net Jurisdictional Revenue Form. This form applies to all certificated/registered telecommunications companies and is required to be filed annually with the administrator regardless of your net jurisdictional revenue level.